One of our most unique designs, the BAMF is a great handling option for general use. Weighing in at a mere 7 oz. (198.44 g), you’ll be hard pressed to find a lighter general use steel carabiner anywhere in the world. The frame’s intricate design and geometry can only be achieved through a precise hot forging process. Although hot forging is a more costly and time consuming process when compared to cold forging, the end results are much more favorable. Manufacturing in this manner allows us to remove weight where it is not needed and add material along the spine to boost strength and durability.
Purpose built from the ground up, the BAMF offers only the best in functionality and performance. It is unprecedented in balance, strength, weight and compact design. Each carabiner is meticulously hand-inspected before leaving our ISO 9001 factory.
- Features a ultra thin and streamlined frame
- Keylock nose to prevent unwanted snags and hang-ups
- Impressive strength to weight ratio
- Large 1″ gate opening
- Smooth inside frame designed to be textile friendly
- Single hand operation
- Lubricated with a special blend of solvents and waxes designed for penetration, moisture displacement, lubrication, and protection
Weight: 7 oz / 198.44 g
Gate Opening: 1 in / 25.4 mm
Length: 4.44 in / 112.77 mm
Width: 2.71 in / 68.83 mm
Major Axis Strength: 45 kN / 10,116 lbf
Gate Open Strength: 11 kN / 2,473 lbf
Minor Axis Strength: 12 kN / 2,697 lbf)